Saturday, July 2, 2011

classic movie で面白い映画(Lady eve)を発見。




I enjoyed this movie.I have been looking for the classic movie that makes me feel entertained.This is one of the recommended.
The below is the transcript of the above cool scene.
Especially Barbara Stanwyck is impressive. She is adorable.

下のバナーをクリックしていただければ、有り難いです。このブログを続ける励みになります!
Would you please click below?I would appreciate it.
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習者へ
にほんブログ村





- This is quite a cabin.
- Pretty cozy, isn't it?




{ Sniffing]



- Holy Moses!
- What's the matter?



- That perfume.
- What's the matter with it?



It's just that I've been up the Amazon
for a year, and they don't use perfume.




Oh. The shoes are over here.



Because you were so polite, you can pick
them out and put them on if you like.



Push that side. There.



- Holy Moses!
- See anything you like?




- The evening slippers are over there.
- { Chuckles]




Those the ones you want?



Doesn't seem possible
for anybody to wear anything that size.



Oh, that's pretty.



You'll have to kneel down.



- I hope I didn't hurt you.
- Of course you didn't.



Don't you feel well?



Oh, I'm all right.




- What were you doing up the Amazon?
- Looking for snakes.




- I'm an ophiologist.
- I thought you were
in the beer business.



- Beer? Ale!
- What's the difference?



- Between beer and ale?
- Yes.



My father'd burst a blood vessel
if he heard you say that.



There's a big difference. Ale's sort
of fermented on the top or something.



And beer's fermented on the bottom.
Or maybe it's the other way around.



There's no similarity at all.



The trouble with being
descended from a brewer,




no matter how long ago he "brewed-ed"
or whatever you call it,



you're supposed to know all about
something you don't give a hoot about.



It's funny to be kneeling here
at your feet talking about beer.



You see, I don't like beer.
Bock beer, lager beer or steam beer.



- Don't you?
- I do not!



And I don't like pale ale, brown ale,
nut brown ale, porter or stout,



which makes me "ulp"
just to think about it.



Excuse me.



Wasn't enough, so everybody would
call me Hopsie ever since I was six years old.




- Hopsie Pike.
- Hello, Hopsie.



- Make it, Charlie, will you?
- { Laughing]



All right, but there's something
kinda cute about Hopsie.



And when you get older,
I could call you Popsie. Hopsie Popsie.



- That's all I'd need.
- { Laughs]



Here's a business I wouldn't mind.
I never realized how lovely it could be.



Oh, thank you.



We'd better get back now.




Yes, I guess so.



You see, where I've been... I mean,
up the Amazon, you kind of forget how...



I mean, when you haven't seen
a girl in a long time...



I mean, uh, there's something
about that perfume that...



- Don't you like my perfume?
- Like it? I'm cockeyed on it.



Why, Hopsie, you ought
to be kept in a cage.


In 1994, This movie The Lady Eve was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."

No comments: