Thursday, July 7, 2011

ジュリアロバーツ(Julia Fiona Roberts)が好演した映画エリンブロコビッチ(Erin Brockovich)で英語を楽しむ



This film is based on the true story of a woman named Erin Brockovich, who together with Ed Masry uncovered a major cover up of a health hazard resulting in one of the largest settlements in history. This film is extremely well done, dividing its time between Erin the worker, Erin the single-mom trying her best to raise her three kids, and Erin the human being.
Roberts received countless amounts of praise for her performance including a much deserved Oscar.
Academy Award nominations for Supporting Actor, Screenplay, Director and Best Picture speak for themselves in declaring just how impressive this film really is.

Transcript of the above scene

Erin.



How's it going?



You never called me back.
I left messages.




You did? well I didn't know that.
Donald seems to think that you said--



There's two things that aggravate me mr masry.
being ignored and being lied to.



-I never lied.
-You told me things'd be fine.



They're not. I trusted you.



-I'm sorry about that,really,am,
-I don't need pity.






I need a paycheck.
And I've looked.



but When you spent the past six years raising babies,
it's real hard to get a job that pays worth a damn.



Are you getting every word of this down, honey?
Or am I talking too fast for you?



I am sorry about that, but really am .



But we have a full staff right now so--



Bullshit. If you had a full staff,
Office'd return a client's damn phones calls.




now I'm smart and hard-working.and I will do anything,
I'm not leaving here without a job.



Don't make me beg.



If it doesn't work out, fire me.





Don't make me beg.



No benefits.

下のバナーをクリックしていただければ、有り難いです。このブログを続ける励みになります!
Would you please click below?I would appreciate it.
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習者へ
にほんブログ村

No comments: